Monday, April 30, 2012

What a way to jump back in the saddle

So this weekend I decided that if my stupid leg is going to hurt like Hell - even though it clearly has healed up enough to ride - I am just going to grind my teeth and start going to fun stuff again. F it! I am so sick of riding around in the round pen.

This Saturday the RANCH I used to board at started a new event : Ranch Sorting. Its going to be the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month at 5pm and it's $15 for 3 turns. I highly recommend that you come out and try it if you live near Sunland/Tujunga and you have a horse. SUPER SUPER FUN!!!




Ranch Sorting differs from Team Sorting in that it is done in a smaller set up and you work in teams of 2 rather than 3. For people who just want to do something fun with their horse this is it. I like Team Sorting too, but it's more challenging and right now I need lower impact for sure. Plus I get to do something horse related with MCH that does not involve me standing in a hazing line for a few hours. Or him trailering me to a training.

We did not get any points this time around but we sure had fun and so did everyone else.

On Sunday - we went to the Corral 210 Playday and we brought Dutch for MCH to ride, as I still can only do about 20 to 30 minutes on him because he is so wide and my calf muscle just can't take it. Plus all that fits him now is my cutting saddle, which super sucks if you have a leg injury. If anyone has any suggestions on a good saddle for this beast to do Gymkhana in , I am all ears.

I rode Cisco again, and after the sorting he was none too happy to be back out. He's as unfit as I am right now, sadly. We made it through 4 events before he had just had enough and I was pretty fatigued as well.





All in all a great weekend, we hung out together, got to see some good friends, and my calf does not hurt any more than it did last week. I smell a patrol in my near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment