Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Beam aka Rufus, Boo Radley and on exceptional days Roscoe

Oh it has been a busy, busy year so far. As you can see by my extended absence, my torn calf is much better and I no longer need to keep it elevated for extended periods of time.

One of the things that has kept me running is The Beam. You remember that pretty black horse MCH brought home last Fall? He's now mine.

Turns out he came with a bonus body part in the form of a bone cyst. Right between the joint and the P1. For those of you not in the know, a bone cyst weakens the bone. He wound up fracturing the bone about 6 weeks after we had him. Who knows how, probably when he was turned out.

So he has been on stall rest since then. Getting hand walked . He won't be a rope horse, but with a lot of luck and prayers I may be able to trail ride him.

No comments:

Post a Comment